Friday, May 4, 2007

Miles, 5k's, and Spring Work




The 2006 corn harvest! Kristin, my sis, and me.
Below is current: Here is Father and Mother Bailey after their triumphant mile race at the Ice Breaker in Great Falls. I ran the 5k just before the mile. Spring work is kicking in. We are putting in quite a bit of Barley and a little Spring Wheat. The garden, and I will indeed say it, has the aura of fecundus about it - I've grown to love soil - i know that may be a bit odd, but I think I have created some rather fine garden soil so this year has high possibilities - hopefully evading hail and high water!
Plantings:
Potatoes on April 25th
Onions and first lettuce planting on April 26th
Carrots on May 2nd

In the midst of this we started getting our Barley in on the 3oth of April and are shutdown today due to rain.

We are one chick down! One of my lil chicks passed on yesterday - flat on his back. I don't know what happened.

Started working with the two, almost 3 years old now, horses a few days ago.

Working on getting a band together for a good friend's wedding on the 26th of May. Straying a little from the Jazz combo feel to ROCK AND ROLL!!! and POP STARDOM! I'll let you know what happens.

Theology... still reading and writing...digging in garden soil, each breath passed closer to that worm there chewing on me! "Casting" me out one day, to enrich the future of soil and potatoes, carrots, onions, barley - the awakening spring, beautiful warm and moist, speeds up life on both ends - living greener and faster = dying decomposing quicker...The kernel must die! The natural realm of sacrifice - its the gospel story if you like it or not - oh ball of worms in the compost pile emptying the tomb!!!

I'm excited to read ecology theology that comes out of Liberation Theology -
It simply drives me nuts when people use cute little metaphors about nature to make sense of God and Theology while in reality nature is out there chewing on itself and US! I have a hard time combining the two disciplines: nature and theology. Keep planting stuff I guess!!

Not much internet time these days - Cam and Janelle, thanks for saying hi - hope So Cal is treating you well. Eric and Clyn, you all are almost done! Then the real work starts huh carolyn!

It's May 4th - not only does that mean that it is International Respect for Chicken Day...and it is... but it is also Papa Bob Bailey's birthday! So I better get and enter into the festivities!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that all poor people deserve to be there and that they should stay right where they are...under the thumb of the oppressive rich!!!!!!!